Hosted a group of fashionistas – Well-known style and fashion bloggers from countries Kenya, Nigeria, Namibia, Zimababwe, Botswana and South Africa.
Influencers used their social media platforms to inform audiences about JSF.
Create a buzz for the festival on traditional and social media across the different African countries by tapping into the influencers followers/reach as they are a credible source and help build a wider audience for JSF.
Activities included the following:
- Welcome dinner with media at Four Seasons Hotel
- Shopping at 5 participating malls (Oriental Plaza, Sandton City/Nelson Mandela Square, Rosebank Mall, East Rand Mall)
- Visit/Shopping at Design Workshop in Newtown
- Chocolate and Champagne with well known designer David Tlale
- Photoshoot in Soweto on iconic Vilakazi street
- Visit to the Mandela House
- Helicopter rides around the city
- Club Night at Harem
- Generated coverage worth R 5.1m in the month of July – mid August through press release and influencers visit
- The #JoburgShopFest saw a huge rise on Twitter from 25 July to 31 August